Prestige Scheduler (PS) is more than a finite capacity scheduler – it is a shop floor communication tool.
• Prestige Scheduler’s Active Board displays up to the minute schedules that the community can react to.
• Planning person can create new jobs and publish new job schedule for the shop and the web easily.
• Production employees know what's expected and can view and update activities easily.
• Purchasers actually know what stock is needed and when.
• Sales people and optionally customers can view the status of their jobs anytime, anywhere.
• Management can see important statistics like on-time performance and how much revenue is scheduled on each resource.
Finite capacity planning means you cannot over-schedule your resources – each work center does one operation at a time. Planner determines the job sequence. Prestige Scheduler enforces the dependencies among jobs and moves them for you. Jobs scheduled past their due date are clearly visible. Potential problems are identified immediately and can be addressed in a timely manner. Amazingly easy to use, with common sense logic and comprehensive control.
PS planners have complete control over the schedule and its conditions – and changes are reflected instantly. For example, you can see right away what happens when a 4-colour press goes down for two days waiting on a part; or you add overtime; or increase your capacity with the introduction of a new machine. Play with splitting jobs up; change machines or adjust quantities. Test potential jobs and reserve space based on proposals or estimates. The ripple effects occur before your eyes. If you don't like them – just undo or restore a saved schedule. When you're satisfied, publish the changes for the shop and web.